Fate Online
Welcome to Fate Online!
Hope You enjoy your stay

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fate Online
Welcome to Fate Online!
Hope You enjoy your stay
Fate Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Gladiator guide

+2
[Owner]Strawberry
Zero-Kun
6 posters

Go down

Basic Gladiator guide Empty Basic Gladiator guide

Post by Zero-Kun Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Jay’s Glad Guide

Intro:
Hello everybody. This is my one upon many guides I’m aspiring to make. I am making this guide in order for other gladiators to follow and to familiarize themselves with the class’s potential. I’ve personally been playing a glad for quite awhile now and I thought it will be useful to spread the knowledge to fellow Fate citizens. If you’ve found this guide useful, like the post and tell others. Now let’s begin.

Overview:

What are gladiators? Gladiators are one of the two prestige classes for fighters, the other one being a knight which I might create a guide on. Gladiators deal massive amounts of damage. They can be dangerous in PvP if equipped with the right gears and weapons. Glads could also be a PvE class (Player versus enviroment) If you know how to correctly use your glad. Let’s talk about weapons. Gladiators two main weapons are an axe or a two-handed sword. The advantage of an axe is that it has a substantial amount of damage; the disadvantages are that it has a low attack rate as well as aim. The advantage of a two-handed sword is that it has a reasonable attack rate and aim compared to axes. It’s good to keep in mind that though a gladiator is a high-damaged based class, you should also watch out for your DEF since they’ve got lower def than Knights. Another tip is to also concentrate on not only having high DEF but also DEX (aim & evasion). Gladiators also have the lowest MDEF (Magical defense) in-game, so you need to be able to doge some of the attacks, which again emphasizes the importance of DEX.

Let’s take a look at the most common stat-builds:

Pure STR: This is build gives your gladiator a high boost in damage Self-Explanatory). For every 5 stats put into STR, you will receive 1 bonus stat point.

25 SPR rest END or STR: This is a tank and crit build. The 25 spr adds another 5% to your crit rate and the END allows you to more effectively tank and last longer in PvP (again with the right gears).

Pure END: This is an all-out tank build. Most say this build is for knights, which sort of is. Though, this build works with gladiators as well. Advantages are that it adds a lot of HP and increases block rate as well as survival chance in PvP (with the right gears).

Pure DEX: Primarily used for Sharp shooters. This is an evasion and aim build. It adds a certain % to your aim and evasion. This build is not good for tanking/mobbing.

50 DEX rest END/STR: Similar to 25 spr rest END or Str. The only difference is that it just has more aim & evasion (DEX).

Recommended skill empowerments: These are just recommended, you can try some of your own Smile

• Power hit: 5 Points cool down and power
• Bone Slicer: 5 Points cool down
• Precise attack: 5 Points on damage and cool down
• Vitality: 5 points duration and cooldown
• Annihilate: 5 points on damage
• Devastate: 5 points on duration and cool down
• Tomahawk: 5 points on damage

Gears:

As a gladiator, you would obviously need all of the four primary stats (STR, DEX, END and SPR). These stats will help you survive any scenario in-game (tanking, mobbing, PvP and PvE). Now, in order to become a successful gladiator, you need to find the best (max) statted gear. Though, they are very difficult to find or will be more costly. Since these 4 stats are difficult to find, you should at least find gear with END, DEX and SPR, atleast 30-35+ on each stat. STR would not be needed due to the given damage boost to gladiators. Moving on to blue gears, judging from the blue gears on this server, they don’t provide an hp boost. Though I do believe they still give an aim increase and cit increase. This is broad but having blue/orange gear in any fiesta server, being it private or retail will come to your advantage. The blue gear topic should be self-explanatory anyway.

The guide will be updated when the server is officially released(After CBT).

Last edited by Jay on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Zero-Kun
Zero-Kun

Back to top Go down

Basic Gladiator guide Empty Reply <3

Post by [Owner]Strawberry Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

+1 grats <3 cheers
SEXY GUIDE!
[Owner]Strawberry
[Owner]Strawberry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Basic Gladiator guide Empty Re: Basic Gladiator guide

Post by Zero-Kun Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Tyvm, I appreciate it. Very Happy
Zero-Kun
Zero-Kun

Back to top Go down

Post by meowchan Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 pm

nice guild :3

meowchan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero-Kun Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Again, thanks Smile.
Zero-Kun
Zero-Kun

Back to top Go down

Post by Devestator Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:45 am

Which built would you reccomend for a newbie gladiator? ^.^ I really want to make a glad, but I could never built a strong enough glad >.<
Devestator
Devestator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero-Kun Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 am

I would recommend 25 spr rest end/str. Now whether you choose end or str is your decision. Choose based on how you would like to play your glad. Personally my glad is going to be 25 spr/50 dex/rest str or just 50dex/rest str. Not sure yet.

Last edited by Takashima-Kun on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zero-Kun
Zero-Kun

Back to top Go down

Post by stoink Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 am

nice guide dude glad FTW

Last edited by stoink on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

stoink

Back to top Go down

Post by Devestator Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I like the 25 str 50 dex and rest on str or end. The only thing is that idk if the str would really make a damage difference since they already have so high damage, would end be better so there hp and def increase?
Devestator
Devestator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero-Kun Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:15 pm

I personally don't really care for the end/hp. Obviously I would like to have the most def/hp that could correspond to my build. The str would become more beneficial once the level cap raises. Now another thing is that, since the damage in Fate is going to be high, you could just make your char pure end or 25 spr rest end. This way you will be good @ PvE/tanking. Damage shouldn't be a problem. The gears should replace the other missing stats, but that means you'd need pretty good gears. This is just a hypothesis though. I haven't tested it yet.
Zero-Kun
Zero-Kun

Back to top Go down

Post by meowchan Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

ofc and o.o u changed ur name

meowchan

Back to top Go down

Post by iReapezZ Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:12 pm

I would say it depends like fiesta there everything perfect and fine based then 50 dex rest str is good for glad but in OP server i would say most end would fit ;3
iReapezZ
iReapezZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero-Kun Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 am

Servers vary, that is why all I'm doing is giving people possible builds to choose from.
Zero-Kun
Zero-Kun

Back to top Go down

Post by meowchan Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:33 am

rofl xD yeah

meowchan

Back to top Go down

Post by Devestator Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:31 am

Doesn't really matter though, every one has difference oppinions on different builts, neither built is right or wrong. These are just choices.
Devestator
Devestator

Back to top Go down

Post by meowchan Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:50 am

yep,

meowchan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down